Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us.
At Blind Time, we want to make your experience using our services satisfying and safe. We comply with South African data protection legislation – the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and as such, we have strict security procedures in place in respect of both the storage and the disclosure of any information that you have provided to us.
Please note, Blind Time never shares any information about specific individuals with any external third party unless required to do so by law or compliance with our regulatory obligations.
Because we gather certain types of information about you, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Our Information Officer is the CEO and who is contactable on email@example.com .
We have registered our Information Officer with the Information Regulator. We are a deemed Responsible Party under the POPIA Act and operate under registration number Blind Time.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
The type of personal data we process about you may be:
- Your personal contact details as well as demographic information such as your name, age, gender, nationality, email ID, telephone number etc. We may also collect details about your visits to our website for marketing stats and in order to improve our services.
- When you visit our website we may collect your IP (internet protocol) address and information about your device, browser as well as your location.
- Where you fill out our web form/ application forms etc. to apply to be a client of Blind Time, we may also collect your financial information, financial services experience and other information required for account set up including but not limited to, your employment details, sources of funds, bank and credit card details etc.
- If you are a registered client or have used any of our services, we may process your email behaviour i.e., if and when you have read our emails and how. We may also process data you have shared on public websites or social media.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your data in accordance with South African law as well as other applicable laws. (for example the GDPR where applicable) Across our business practices we ensure that your data is processed fairly and lawfully. Furthermore we make sure that your data is processed for the purposes it was originally collected for, kept up to date, relevant and not excessive, not kept longer than necessary and kept secure by adopting best industry practices. We require your personal data in order that we:
- Comply with legal obligations;
- Provide services as requested by you under the contract entered with you and;
- Carry out other business activities in the Company’s legitimate interest where your rights to privacy do not override our business interest such as for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may share your information with third-party processors that are contracted to Blind Time for the provision of services such as: identity verification, fraud/ sanctions screening, digital agencies, hosting providers, liquidity providers and other technical partners, banks, online payment service providers, legal advisors, regulators, law enforcement agencies or other legal bodies for crime prevention or national security.
As a Responsible Party we respect your right to privacy and all other rights as set forth in the data protection law. If we process data about you, you have the right to request or access information we hold about you. In order to access your information you can send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org Where your data is shared with a third-party, we shall contact them for deletion unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
We do not share or sell your information other than as described in our policy. As a responsible party, we ensure our business practices and data processing activities are in- compliance with the regulations and our data processing staff well-trained in processing your information. Our partners and third-party processors are all bound by strict data protection obligations through data processing contracts. Furthermore, we have adopted sound technical and compliance procedures to avoid loss, destruction, unauthorised access or omission to your data.
If you have any queries with regards to how we handle your information, require access to your personal information or in case you have complaints, please write to our Information Security Team at email@example.com
DETAILS OF REGULATOR
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Mr Marks Thibela
Chief Executive Officer
Tel No. +27 (0) 10 023 5200, Cell No. +27 (0) 82 746 4173
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.